Monday, April 7, 2008

Things I've learned so far...

· NEVER go to an animal shelter if you’re not prepared to adopt...it's hard to leave.
· Wooden floors are very squeaky (but fabulous).
· You really can tune out sirens when you’re trying to sleep.
· Sometimes you assume a dining room table will be delivered already assembled, but sometimes you’re wrong.
· How to put together a dining room table.
· Fear of pepper spray and alarm systems is more real than the intruders they are meant to protect me from.
· Zicam is effective at shortening your cold, but apparently can kill your senses of taste and smell FOREVER! (I was lucky though, it only killed my cold)
· Les Misérables is coming to Kansas City in September!
· No one can go to the DMV and accomplish everything in one trip.
· Kansas City has enough diverse coffee shops to keep me happy for years.
· I had no idea what Palestinian food would be like until trying out the Jerusalem Café, and it’s similar to Turkish (which makes sense)…delicious

More to come!

1 comment:

Ryan Russell said...

- Never feed a stray dog while camping unless you are prepared to adopt him.
- Can gunshots be tuned out too?
- Oh the joys of dining room tables
- What kind did you get?
- Zicam is amazing...which kind did you use?
- I want to go to Les Mierables
- I often go to the DMV and simply ask them what I need to have in order to get things done once I do go in
- I miss diverse coffee shops...and I'm jealous of yours

I'm glad you're getting along well in the ol' KC!