Thursday, May 29, 2008

NPR dreams

Every morning, I wake up to my radio playing NPR. This is all well and good, and a less-harsh way to rouse a night owl out of bed.

But here is where it gets interesting...I've been having "NPR dreams." I'm bad about snoozing for quite a while, so I usually go back to sleep as the radio is blaring and dream about whatever news I'm hearing. Then, when I'm finally awake, it's hard to distinguish reality from my dreams.

For example, the other day, as I was driving to work, it dawned on me that Jane Seymour is not, in fact, running against Hillary Clinton for president. This morning, I dreamed I was President Bush's press secretary, and we were having a conversation inside his limo.

So don't ask me to tell you about current events, because I'll give you false reports.

No comments: