Thursday, June 5, 2008

act of weather, not terrorism

This happened Tuesday night...fortunately I saw it on the news before driving home from Shannon and Brad's apartment in Lawrence. And fortunately, I also saw it from the highway on my way home. Otherwise, when I saw the monstrous, dark cloud of smoke billowing into the sky just west of downtown on my way to work the next morning, I would've been positive that terrorists had struck.



Lightning caused this petroleum tank to catch on fire.



Tornadic weather in store tonight, perhaps. I think I missed my calling to be a storm chaser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's amazing. So you've decided not to be a storm chaser. I support that. But don't you want to be the next Gary England and keep everyone safe from the weather's harm? :)