Sunday, July 25, 2010

Update on cold deliciousness for the summer

(mango passion fruit + lemon blackberry sorbet)


As a follow-up to my snow cone post, let's talk briefly about ice cream. If you've known me any time at all past 2004 (when I discovered gelato), you know I'm not much of an ice cream person. HOWEVER--one man has changed that. His name is Christopher Elbow, and if you haven't heard that name before, come to Kansas City and let me introduce you.

Mr. Elbow is known around here (and across the country) as one of the best artisan chocolatiers. I could spend paragraphs on the Caramel Fleur de Sel alone. *sigh*



A couple months ago, Mr. Elbow opened an artisan ICE CREAM shop. Believe it or not, he has somehow managed (magic, perhaps?) to translate his amazing chocolates into frozen deliciousness. The aforementioned favorite chocolate of mine is now my favorite ice cream treat. Caramel ice cream (with a hint of salt) plus hot fudge drizzled on top.

Zach (the boyfriend) who is not usually a dessert person has even come over to the dark side. His favorite flavor is Vietnamese Cinnamon.

I want to make this short, so in summary--get in your car (buses go right past the shop, too), and visit Glacé Artisan Ice Cream (just south of the Plaza Library).

P.S. It's pronounced "Gla-say." :)


Oooh--in other exciting news, a Red Mango (fabulous frozen yogurt) just opened on 50th & Oak!

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Are you the cutest or are you the cutest? This sounds duh-lish. Mr. Elbow, what a name, I love it. Enjoy summer!

Tara said...

I'm getting in my car right now...I wish :(

Do you think they would ship me some?